International Arts Exchange
- To develop Korean arts at the international level by supporting international arts and culture exchanges in the private sector including co-creation/production, research, and inviting artists and arts professionals from abroad.
- To provide diverse opportunities for international exchanges by developing creative platforms overseas such as festivals to provide exposure for individual artists.
Arts organization or artists in literature, visual arts, theater and dance, music, and traditional arts
Only Korean passport holders can apply for funding. If you are working on a project in partnership with a Korean partner or organization, your Korean partner must be the one to apply for funding.
|Non-ARKO Partnership projects||
|ARKO Partnership Projects (Traditional arts)||European Broadcasting Union (EBU)’s International Folk Music Festival||
Korean traditional arts performance or music will be introduced across Europe by EBU in partnership with KBS
|La Maison des Cultures du Monde’s Festival de l'imaginaire||
The selected musicians will get support to participate in Festival de l'imaginaire organized by La Maison des Cultures du Monde
Non-ARKO Partnership Projects are international exchange projects not initiated by ARKO but by applicants.
ARKO Partnership Projects are EBU’s International Folk Music Festival and La Maison des Cultures du Monde’s Festival de l'imaginaire, partnerships initiated by ARKO. For non-Korean arts and cultural organizations who want to collaborate with ARKO for ARKO Partnership Projects, please get in touch with our International Exchange Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we support
Expenses for international exchange projects
Details of subsidy
- Up to KRW 60 million
- At least ten per cent of the total expenses should be paid by the applicant(s).
- Costs for visa, invitation letter, travel insurance and so on should be paid by the applicant(s).
- This grant cannot be spent for the running costs of the organizing body such as staff payroll or facilities operation costs.
|On-time open call|
|Program lifetime||1 January 2020 – 31 December 2020|
|Application open||1–24 October 2019 (Close at 18:00 on 24 October)|
|Selection||November to December 2019|
|Result announcement||From December 2019|
|Program implementation||From January 2020|
How to Apply
Online via National Culture and Arts Support System (http://ncas.or.kr)
- 1) Application form for the program
- 2) Documents for reference (e.g, contract, invitation letter, etc.)
Contact our International Exchange Department
- Literature +82-61-900-2211
- Visual arts +82-61-900-2215/2218
- Theater +82-61-900-2214
- Dance +82-61-900-2212
- Music +82-61-900-2216
- Traditional arts +82-61-900-2213